Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 10, 2013

Toshiba Satellite L45T-A4230NR 14-Inch Discount

Erik S :Well, I suppose I'll be the first to review this product. I bought this about 3 weeks ago, without any customer reviews which I generally don't do but with a price drop to $570 I took the plunge after a bit of research. I need a laptop as I am going back school and wanted something newer and with better battery life than my 3.5 year old Dell Inspiron 14. ( A Dell 9 cell replacement battery is nearly $150, and needs a new power brick and cable, another 79 to 89.)

PROCESSING POWER
For those who are unfamiliar the L series it is Toshiba's mid-range Satellite line and a good compromise between power, cost, battery life etc. While the L series doesn't have aluminum casing of the S or P series it has many of the same components, just lacks the options (like a dedicated GPU, or i7). I purchased the i3 1.9ghz, 3rd gen. Mostly because I already have a 1st gen i3 2.3 ghz in my Dell and found the power and speed adequate, while giving minimal power consumption. While multitasking mult programs you get some bottlenecking, but it's tolerable. If you plan on doing media intensive applications like games, video editing etc. This is not the laptop for you, the i3 1.9ghz with Mobile Intel HD is not well suited for any type of heavy graphic processing. But if that is what you are looking for you probably know that already. It will handle HD streaming, DVD's, HD vid playback fine but don't expect too much. As far RAM goes, the 240 pin DIMM DRR3 is pretty much industry standard, and is generally the best ram chip set for now, (DRR 4 is due next year) and 6GB is generally adequate but more never hurts, so feel free order another module to add.


Multifox :
CPU - RAM - Performance: Prior to this laptop I was using a Intel i5 2.4gHz laptop with 8GB of RAM and this Toshiba easily equals the performance of the "better" CPU and higher RAM availability. Multitasking is not a problem so far for this laptop. I've run Photoshop, Painter SAI and Corel graphics programs simultaneously with no issues, this while streaming Netflix in the background (I need my background noise when doing graphical work) The laptop boots in under ten seconds and comes back instantly from sleep, unlike the previous laptop. A lot of that I believe has to do with Windows 8 which I wll touch on later. I have not encountered any bottlenecks so far performance wise on this unit, and I generally put a good deal of strain on my laptops. I can't answer any questions about gaming on this system, but I wouldn't suspect anyone to be looking in the sub $500 range for a gaming laptop.


Itzia:Going into college I was looking for a good laptop but nothing fancy for my college budget. It's a great size, and I am starting to really like windows 8. The only thing is that the camera quality pretty much sucks, my iphone takes better pictures, but I don't really care because I don't spend time taking selfies or filming videos of myself for youtube or anything. Other than that, it's been perfect so far and was exactly what I was looking for.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét